I got the newest MacBook pro late in December as my new work machine and after a few weeks of using it here are my thoughts:
- I’m a fan of the keyboard. The buttons feel solid and they don’t travel too much. It took a few days to get used to it. Now I don’t like the feel of my external keyboard 🙂
- TouchBar is eh. It works really well and it’s smooth to scroll up and down to change the volume. Most applications don’t have any extra functionality built in, but it’s starting to grow on me.
- TouchID is amazing. It unlocks my computer and 1Password instantly and I’m typing in passwords much less often. This needs to come to a new Apple external keyboard.
- It’s small. The height of the whole computer is less than the base of my last computer.
- USB C is great. I like being able to plug into either side to charge and since the plug can be inserted either way, that’s a bonus too.
- I do miss the orange / green light that lets me know whether or not the battery is charging.
- I haven’t missed the ports too much in the three weeks. I’ve got an adapter that I bought on Kickstarter coming that will give me a USB-A connection and SD card slot.
- The slate gray color is super pretty.