Each month I have a reminder to write down a summary of what happened during the month, and each month, I snooze it until next month. But not today 🙂
Lots went on in July. Here’s some of the highlights.
- First full* month back to work after paternity leave. *I didn’t actually work the full month and had plenty of days off.
- I grew some gigantic zucchini
- Ate donuts and travelled to Nashville for the weekend
- Started checking my email less, and when I do check it, plow thru all the messages
- Started working on my Spanish with the Memrise app
- Hosted a block party at our house to meet some of the neighbors we’ve never talked to in the seven years we’ve lived at our house
- Celebrated 10 years of marriage
- Competed in my first ever CrossFit competiton and was sore for a good 5 days
- Started to up my programming skills by using Apple’s Swift Playgrounds. It’s almost like a game and super fun
- Our son turned 4 months, began rolling and nearly has two bottom teeth
In July I read two fiction books and parts of several non-fiction books. I completed:
- Camino Island by John Grisham
- No Middle Name: short stories about Jack Reacher by Lee Child
I’m still working thru Tim Ferris’ Tools of the Titans and Deep Work by Cal Newport. Let’s see if I can finish these up by the end of the month.