There’s a great app that we use to save money on grocery items without clipping coupons. It’s called ibotta and I think it’s easier to use that cutting coupons.
How it works:
- Install the app on your phone.
- Browse through the items you are planning on buying that have a discount and select them.
- Checkout like normal at the grocery store.
- At home, snap a picture of the UPC and the receipt.
- Within a few days, your account will be credited.
Between my wife and I we’ve redeemed close to $100 in gift cards to Whole Foods (you can choose between a whole slew of great gift cards as soon as you accrue $20 in rewards).
If you use this ibotta link, you’ll get a $10 referral bonus on your first redemption (and to be transparent, I get $5 for the referral).