Everyone says that the last two years have been dumpster fires, with everything being cancelled / changed from COVID, but I think last year was a pretty great year.
Here are just a few of the good things that happened to me and my family in 2021:
- I took our basement from being just studs to fully finishing it (well, there are a couple things left to do 😊). I did all the electrical, insulation, plumbing (with the help of my dad), installed cabinets and flooring. I probably put in 200+ hours from May thru October.
- I started working with a nutrition coach that helped me to understand what macros my body needs each day and hit those daily targets. Macros are proteins, carbs, and fats. For years, I’ve haven’t been eating enough protein and have been able to focus on getting enough each day. Since May, I’ve been able to lose nearly 25lbs and 17in around by chest, waist, and hips. I’ll be continuing this journey in 2022.
- I set a reading challenge of reading 50 books this year and I reached this goal as well. There were a lot of fiction books and my plan is to split my 52 books this year goal more evenly between fiction and nonfiction.
- Melody and I were able to take a short trip to Hilton Head in late August. This was the first time I had been away from the kids overnight since late 2019.
- We also made two trips to Cancun with the kids. We went in May and in October. Both trips were to the all inclusive Planet Hollywood resort. The kids had a blast (and honestly, I did too 😊).
- And I helped a ton with Melody’s two online ventures. The latest thing is that we launched the Table Talk podcast where she sits down at the virtual table to talk thru different functional medicine topics.
2022 is shaping up to be a pretty good year too. Here are a few things I plan on focusing on:
- Creating more content. This includes blogging here,podcasting, and YouTubing for YourWebsiteEngineer.com
- Reading 52 books this year.
- Leaning out and strengthening up. I want to continue to focus on my nutrition and be diligent in the gym. Along with the daily workouts, I’ll be adding strength and endurance conditioning.
- Help Melody level up her businesses and generate more revenue.
- Take a 15-year anniversary trip somewhere. Right now, we are thinking Greece. Any other suggestions?
- Finally finish the basement and move my office downstairs. I’ve been working out of our guest room since we moved in and we are renting our basement space to future neighbors, so once their house is finished, I’ll be able to finish the trim work and make the area our own.
Whew sounds like another busy year! What do you have planned for 2022?